“Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives.”
that even if some do not obey the word
It is not God’s will that Christians marry non-Christians (1 Cor 7:39; 2 Cor. 6;14-28). The reason for this is the conflict of end values. Marriage works best when the couple shares end values, such as how they become a Christian or how to raise children.
Christians should not marry those who do not know Christ personally because this is a conflict of values.
The biblical principles for selection of a mate:
- do not marry a non-Christian (1 Co. 7:39; 9:5; 2 Cor. 6:14-18)
- do not marry an immature person; avoid teenage marriages
- do not marry on the rebound
- do not marry because of social pressures such as unhappy home life or my friends are getting married
- do not marry for sex; sex is not love but an expression of love
- women should not marry until they can follow the leadership of their husband
- do not marry until communication systems are established
- do not marry for status or a life-time meal ticket, success, or desire for travel
- do not marry the knight in shining armor; find out what the person is truly like
- do not stuff another person into your mold hoping that they will change into what you want them to be
- do not think of marriage as a panacea to resolve your problems
- do not marry because you love children; children do not hold a marriage together
- do not marry without a great sense of commitment to working through the problems
- do not marry a person who is there for you during a problem in your life
- do not marry with the attitude that if it doesn’t work, I can get out of it
The second last bullet point is unclear.
Majorie, maturity would take time to explain but this is not a person who reacts emotionally to issue but someone who had built their character to handle difficult situations in a constructive manner.
Teenage marriages are generally immature marriages. There are exceptions but they are rare.