- To comfort others
Principle = You can help people who are going through suffering because you learned to get on top of suffering. 2 Cor 1
- To learn to trust God
Principle = It enables us to trust God instead of our own resources, 2 Cor one.
- To keep eternal values in view
Principle = takes our focus off purely temporal things
- To develop tenacity of soul
Principle = endurance when things are bleak
- To be a testimony to others who are in suffering
Principle = to illustrate divine truth
- To witness to the nonbeliever of the stability of the Christian life.
Principle = witnessing in suffering demonstrates the reality of faith
- To develop our faith
Principle = to strengthen our faith life.
- To discipline the believer
Principle = pride is usually at the root of all sin
- To develop the same mental attitude as Christ in suffering, 1 Pet 4:1
Principle = we need to orient to the person of Jesus Christ in suffering, Phil 3:10
- To enable the believer to do the will of God, 1 Pet 4:2-3
Principle = to learn obedience
- To orient the believer to the person of God during undeserved suffering, 1 Pet. 4:4-5
Principle = to glorify God in suffering
- To bring the believer into spirituality, 1 Pet 4:6
Principle = to allow the ministry of the Holy Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit